Learn More: What information do we collect?
LC collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you sign up for newsletters or fill out a contact form. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from your device.
For any communication or material you transmit to us directly by electronic mail or otherwise, you expressly agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you send to Laughlin Constable without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
- Social networks when you grant permission to an LC product to access your data on one or more networks.
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain products to your location.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a product or feature, you may not be able to use that product or feature.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with LC, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features you use. The data we collect can include the following:
Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, job title, company name and other similar contact data.
Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your age, gender, country and preferred language.
Device and Usage data. We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with LC and our products. For example, we collect:
- Product use data. We collect data about the features you use, the web pages you visit, the search term(s) used in our search engine, the date and time you accessed our website, the address of the website you used if you linked to laughlin.com from another website and the software configurations you use most.
- Device, connectivity and configuration data. We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our products. It includes data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device. It also includes IP address and device identifiers.
- Error reports and performance data. We collect data about the performance of the products and any problems you experience with them. This data helps us to diagnose problems in the products you use, and to improve our products and provide solutions. Depending on your product and settings, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”) can include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error, contents of files you were using when an error occurred and data about other software on your device.
Interests. We collect data about your interests such as the type of LC service(s) you are interested in. In addition to those you explicitly provide, your interests may also be inferred or derived from other data we collect.
Location data. For products with location-enhanced features, we collect data about your location, which can be either precise or imprecise. Precise location data can be Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) data (e.g. GPS), as well as data identifying nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots, we collect when you enable location-based products or features. Imprecise location data includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or postcode level.
Content. We collect content from files and communications you share when necessary to provide you with the products and services you use. For example, if you transmit a file using Skype or email, we need to collect the content of that file. Other data we collect to provide products and services to you include the:
- subject line and body of an email,
- text or other content of an instant message,
- audio and video recording of a video message, and
- audio recording and transcript of a voice message you receive or a text message you dictate.
Video and image. If you enter an LC location or other facilities, or attend an LC event, your image may be captured by our cameras.
We also collect information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
Top of page