What is Account-Based Marketing (ABM)?
ABM is selecting target accounts and delivering focused/personalized messages, programs, and content to move them towards your goal – whether that goal is a sale, contract renewal, or something else.
The Increasing Popularity of ABM
The traditional inbound marketing model of engaging with a large number of contacts through content or other digital media efforts, then nurturing the leads, can now be further optimized to a targeted approach.
- A growing number of solutions providers now offer support/technology for ABM strategy
- Successful ABM strategies, powered by digital techniques, allow marketers to identify target accounts and create personalized programs in a scalable and automated way
The Benefits of ABM
1. ROI is clear
- ABM delivers a higher ROI than any other B2B marketing tactic1
- 92 percent of B2B marketers consider ABM to be very important to overall marketing tactics2
3. Personal – therefore, optimized
- Focus internal resources on the right areas and minimize expenditure of less important market segments
4. Drive attributed revenue
- Improve customer experience – 75 percent of consumers prefer a personalized experience3
5. Alignment of marketing/sales
- Measure digital strategy results with an account-centric perspective and understand the impact
- Work together to land accounts
- Plan, create processes, coordinate strategic outreach
Creating an Effective ABM Strategy
All strategy begins with choosing the right technology and following the chart below.
Impactful ABM Strategy4
|Align Sales and Marketing
||Share goals, create team objectives, strategy and metrics
|Identify Target Accounts
||Leverage technology to discover accounts that are likely to buy
|Create Engaging Content
||Content should be personalized, relevant and timely
|Engage Across Channels
||Create cross-channel approach to listen and engage with accounts
|Measure, Analyze, Optimize
||Establish metrics and check-ins to evolve ABM strategy and show the impact
2014 ITSMA Survey: https://www.itsma.com/pdfs/research/2013ABMSurvey_AbbrSummary.pdf
Aberdeen Group: https://ww.aberdeen.com/
For more tips, tricks, or insights on how to take your marketing from now to next, subscribe to our newsletter or contact Nicole Stone – Director, New Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414.270.7235.