What is Account-Based Marketing (ABM)?
ABM is selecting target accounts and delivering focused/personalized messages, programs, and content to move them towards your goal – whether that goal is a sale, contract renewal, or something else.
The Increasing Popularity of ABM
The traditional inbound marketing model of engaging with a large number of contacts through content or other digital media efforts, then nurturing the leads, can now be further optimized to a targeted approach.
- A growing number of solutions providers now offer support/technology for ABM strategy
- Successful ABM strategies, powered by digital techniques, allow marketers to identify target accounts and create personalized programs in a scalable and automated way
The Benefits of ABM
- The ROI is Clear
- Focus internal resources on the right areas and minimize expenditure of less important market segments
- Personal – therefore, optimized
- Improve customer experience – 75 percent of consumers prefer a personalized experience3
- Drive attributed revenue
- Measure digital strategy results with an account-centric perspective and understand the impact
- Alignment of marketing and sales
- Work together to land accounts
- Plan, create processes, coordinate strategic outreach
Creating an Effective ABM Strategy
All strategy begins with choosing the right technology and following the chart below.
Impactful ABM Strategy4
|Align Sales & Marketing||Share goals, create team objectives, strategy and metrics|
|Identify Target Accounts||Leverage technology to discover accounts that are likely to buy|
|Create Engaging Content||Content should be personalized, relevant and timely|
|Engage Across Channels||Create cross-channel approach to listen and engage with accounts|
|Measure, Analyze & Optimize||Establish metrics and check-ins to evolve ABM strategy and show the impact|