Mid - Senior Software Developer and Software Engineer (.NET)
Not for the faint of heart. No really, we have a great time, but this isn’t for everyone.
Hi. This job’s not going to be for everyone, so if diving headlong into the fray doesn’t sound appealing, there’s always losing yourself on Reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/all.
We’re seeking passionate, self-starters who love technology, the idea of popcorn & beer (root or other) Thursday’s, unlimited vacation, innovation labs to explore the latest systems, and love the idea of accomplishing the impossible under tight deadlines, creatively finding solutions no mere mortal would even consider. For you, it’s not just a job, it’s a passion – and you’re always willing to figure out how to get the job done.
While you might have a preferred or specialized technology stack, you’re a firm believer that it’s the engineer, not the tool that matters. We’re heavily focused on online solutions but pushing into device and connected experiences. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
What do I need to know, how many years should have I been doing it?
You’ve looked impossible in the face and kicked its ass.
The number of years of experience you have be it 2 or 25 matters a lot less than the fact that you’re still learning and growing daily - sucking the marrow out of every opportunity to explore new technology. Sorry that got a bit gross.
As this role is .NET focused, things like ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, IIS, Windows Server, Visual Studio in their latest versions, should be nothing new. If you’ve made use of CMS platforms like of Sitecore and Kentico, that’s perfect.
As an engineer, things like dependency injection, GIT, unit testing, code reviews, MVC, mountain dew, caching, continuous integration, IoC, ORM, are not scary but tools you easily wield as appropriate.
However, as we mentioned, it’s less about the tools than it is about you, so we expect any lack of specifics not to slow you down.
What am I (you) going to do?
You won’t be sitting in a cube, bored with nothing to do.
Life at LC will cover a full spectrum of needs and duties. It is going to range significantly day-to-day, week-to-week, month-to-month but always be faced paced and intense. Some things may include:
• Building mid to large-scale, public, enterprise websites leveraging the likes of Sitecore, Kentico, or custom frameworks
• Creating rapid turnaround micro sites or applications to solve specific needs
• Integrating multiple back-end API’s and systems
• Juggle 1 or 2 large or 10 small projects
• Custom building customer facing solutions, highly utilized systems
• Create service based API’s for consumption internally or externally
• Designing highly-available always-on infrastructures
• Find ways to make us better: new stacks, new tools, new technologies, new platforms – teach and share
• Having the best-looking solutions you’ve ever had (we are an agency, don’t worry we have a creative team to handle the good-looking side of things)
• Interact with multiple teams from the clients, to User Experience, Creative, Analytics, and more
Our clients rely on us for solutions. While they may require platforms like Sitecore for administration; it’s on us to get them built – how we choose. They don’t sweat the details, we do.
Where’s the long list of things I need to know?
If you made it this far, we expect that you’ll be able tell us that list when we chat on the phone. We’re looking forward to it.
A little more about LC:
For over 40 years, Laughlin Constable has been exceeding expectations of clients in fields from entertainment to health care to tourism. We're a client-driven culture, looking for motivated, resourceful, and talented individuals to help us take things to the next level.
We offer competitive salaries, comfortable working space, flexible working schedule, tuition reimbursement, and many other benefits. Just ask us about the parties. :)
Are you a passionate developer with a proven ability in solving problems and bringing the web to life? If that sounds like you, then you may be just the person Laughlin Constable is looking for!